Friday, December 15, 2023

Darlene's New Cover Update and How to Fry Frog Legs! 😂🐸 #SnippetSunday #StockingStuffer #cookbook #recipes


Howdy folks! It's me, Darlene, and I'm here to wish you a happy holiday season and show off the updated cover of my cookbook. You know, a girl has to change up her look ever so often. That's how you keep things interesting in more ways than one! 

My cookbook is sure to delight any of the gals on your gift list. 🎄 These here recipes are straight from recipe cards I gathered up from all my kinfolk to Miss Cheryl's Beauty Shop to the fancy ladies at the Garden Club. Plus, I love to talk, and I added a lot of little stories and commentaries about the recipes throughout the book. 

Here's a look inside:











Here's a sample recipe, including my introduction:

RICHIE AND TOMMY RAY'S FROG LEG FRY 🐸

Richie and Tommy Ray love fried frog legs. Richie says to warn you that when you start to fry the frog legs in the hot oil, they may hop out of the pan. I ain’t never fried frog legs, but that’s what he says. Something about the muscles contracting. So, you may need to have a lid handy until they settle down. I can tell you right now I’m not cooking nothing that hops outta the pan.

Here’s how Richie makes his:

A batch of frog legs, skinned, of course

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup flour

Seasoning can include:

Salt and pepper

garlic powder

onion powder

cayenne pepper

ground thyme.

Pour a couple of inches of oil into a skillet or fryer. Heat on med-high until hot.

Mix the flour and the seasoning together.

Dip frog legs in egg mixture. Dredge in flour seasoning batter.

Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. Be sure they have quit hopping. Drain on paper towels.


You can buy my cookbook at most ebook retailers for 99¢ BARGAIN! 

Check out the buy links here: https://books2read.com/DarleneRedneckRecipes

 The print book is available on Amazon for $8.99  https://www.amazon.com/dp/1688547436/

Read more about the background of the cookbook and an entire list of the recipes included: https://patriciapreston.blogspot.com/p/darlene-redneck-recipes.html

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas! 

2 comments:

Suzi Love said...

I've never made frog's legs myself but I love eating them.

Patricia Preston said...

I've never eaten them or cooked them. A friend who cooks them said they would hop out of the pan and I thought Perfect for Darlene's cookbook. LOL