Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Reviving My Blog Finally! #WellnessWednesday

 In the past, I always enjoyed having a blog that sorta served as a journal. I got away from that, especially with social media taking up so much of my spare time. I did like the early social media sites and the positive interaction. I don't find that true as there is so much negativity, anger, lies, and ugliness, especially in politics. I was thinking today that life is too short.

I looked back on some of old blog posts and they were a reminder of good times and things I did. It was something of a journal and I think it will be fun to do that again. I do plan to keep posting some of my memes on social media because I enjoy making them, but scrolling social media, no. 

This Wednesday was a quiet day for me. I met my good friend, Liz, for lunch at Cracker Barrel because I love the broccoli chicken parmesan special on Wednesday. Add fried apples and I'm happy!!! 

After lunch, I finally got my first shingles vaccine. I did have the original vaccine a few years ago because I didn't want to get shingles. It is extremely painful and when I was working in a medical clinic, we had patients on regular basis with it. There was no vaccine. I never forgot one patient, a man who was probably 60. He had shingles that started about his eye brow and spread over his eye and beneath his eyes. It has been years but I can still see him. We sent him to an ophthalmologist He eventually healed, but he was scarred from the virus. Most people have shingles in the waist and back area. 

Today, I took break from writing and writing relates stuff, other than backing up files. I'm so glad Not Through Loving You is finally finished and published. I was beginning to think I'd never get done with that book! 

I'm watching The Rings of Power on Prime and so far, I'm enjoying it. Of course, I've always been a Lord of the Rings fangirl. The production quality of Rings of Power is outstanding. The costumes, especially the elves, and the landscapes. Wow! 

It's been cool today. You know fall is coming!!! October is my favorite month. I'm looking forward to beauty of fall. 

Hugs y'all

Patricia 

                                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments: